Saturday 7 March 2015

One door closes...

Well my time in Afghanistan, and and my current employer have come to a close.

Over the past several months, a number of changes have occurred at the company.  I wish I could say they were for the better.  At the time of writing this, I've decided to pursue opportunities that I hope are for the better.

One of the biggest chances particularly related to this blog, is we have lost the overseas contract.  The Afghanistan Operation has been taken over by another carrier with a 1900.  The costs of the Dash 8 were getting to be too much for the UN to cope with, and they decided this was a better option.

This post will serve as the end of this PHASE of the blog.  Not the blog itself however.   The Adventure continues.   NOT just in Afghanistan.

My new job will take me on all kinds of new adventures.  I've accepted a position as Captain on a Lear 35 and Lear 36 doing Air Ambulance Work.

The work will consist mostly of travel assistance type calls.  Picking up people who become sick or injured while traveling abroad.

The title of the blog will change, but the accounts of my adventures shall remain the same!  Photos and accounts of what's going on!

Of course, due to the nature of the work I cannot go into specifics, for confidentiality reasons.  But that doesn't mean I can't share MY experiences and adventures wherever this new job takes me.

Prepare for the blog to start anew at the end of this month...  March 2015

So hang tight dear friends and we shall resume soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment